Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

What is the best way to handle this MNFG scenario: product yield is always variable, seems unlikely to define the BOM

By
Jay
on 3/25/13, 3:48 AM 1,992 views

Hi,

In manufacturing orders OE is able to assemble 1+ components into 1 product and when the mrp_subproduct is installed, OE extends to support: 1 Component -> 1 Product + (1+ Subproduct). This is good but what if the yield of product is always variable? For example, 1000kg fresh carrots(components) -> [500~600kg carrot dices(product, yield is variable] + 500~400 kg carrot slices[subproduct, yield is variable], just forget the wastage.

The fact is in the vegetables processing industry above-alike, let me say, Food Manufacturing Industry, the product yield is always variable which largely depends on the materials(components) quality as you can easily imagine.

Just added start

To: Ad Libitom - When there is no fixed ratio between product & component, for example, the materials to be process is 10kg, but the yield of both product & subproduct are variable(depending the quality, the yield is not known until production is finished), in this case how can I pre-define the qty for product in the BOM?

To:Pierre Cogitae - Without a pre-defined BOM, it seems impossible to create a MO. Correct me if I am wrong.

Just added end

Thanks for the pointer in advance!

Mario

This is an operational context where the use of standard cost and yield is applicable. At the end of each transformation of raw materials, factory has to declare the actual produced quantity, as well as the sub-product (if any) and the wastage. The Bom process seems to solve the issue. look at http://www.netcerto.eu/en/openerp-possibilities/manufacturing-module

AD LIBITOM, michel Guénard
on 3/25/13, 5:54 AM

It looks standard, just declare the produced amount.

Cogitae, Pierre Soum
on 3/25/13, 6:16 AM

Thanks both. I believe I hv just been going through carefully the doc of mnfg module for the 2nd time but am still not clear what is the way out. Please see the INSERTED TEXTS to my question and hope for a pointer soon.

Jay
on 3/26/13, 11:09 AM
Helijao RAKOTOMANGA
On 6/1/16, 1:57 PM

No one has the answer yet ?

Kelli Bess
On 2/13/14, 7:59 PM

Any ideas on this out there yet? I have a similar issue where I have to put frames of honeycomb into inventory. Product is sold by the lb (weigh each frame when sold), but the weight of each frame varies. When sold, the product is wrapped and boxed, so there is a fixed mfg component to add to the variable raw material.

Any suggestions?

CHEBBAKI kader
On 6/10/14, 8:00 AM

Hi,

Is there any solution to manage a such situation as discribet by mario ?

Thanks

Beat Kessler
On 6/7/13, 12:36 PM

Any news? Is there a solution to Mario's problem?

I think I have a similar problem. I don't know how to handle varying yield.

At the end of each transformation of raw materials, factory has to declare the actual produced quantity

Well, and how can I enter the actual produced quantity while keeping the consumed quantity constant?

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 3/25/13, 3:48 AM
Seen: 1992 times
Last updated: 6/1/16, 1:57 PM