This question has been flagged
1 Reply

After some research on how to implement product variants, I've found two launchpad projects that the community seems to agree are the best way to do it:

• code.launchpad.net/~product-core-editors/openerp-product-variant/extraction-70
  • code.launchpad.net/~akretion-team/openerp-product-variant/product-variant-multi-attribute

The first one is the one that is linked from the Product Variant Multi app page on openerp.com, so it might seem that is the best one to use. Also it contains the two modules that, as far as I know, were being used to accomplish this feature in v6.X.

The second one seems as it has been updated more frequently and the latest revision is just a week old, while on the first one it's more than 5 months old. The drawback here is that there are more modules on this project and the "product_variant_multi" module is missing, which one might think is the main module to accomplish product multi-axial variants, although it seems you have to use "product_variant_simple" to accomplish the same thing, but without some features of the product_variant_multi module.

So the main questions are:

• Which one do you use or would you recommend using?
  • Are there any other alternative that you would recommend for multi-axial product variants?
  • Did I miss something?

As a side note and to take into account when giving your opinion, I need a considerable amount of "dimensions", remarkably colour and different kinds of "sizes" (Shoes men, shoes women, height, volume, etc...)

Thank you.

PS: Sorry for not linking the projects, but apparently my karma is insufficient to publish links.

Discard
Best Answer

Marc,

I know the post is a bit old, so you have probably solved this by now but just in case anybody else is searching,  I have been digging around to find multi-axis variants for v7.  I think what you are looking for is in saas-5 (and trunk/master).

Discard