Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

What is needed to attach images to invoices and other records?

By
Nate Foster
on 8/25/14, 5:47 PM 865 views

On the office computer, I remember the default install having the ability to attach and image file to almost any kind of record.  I'm setting OpenERP up at my home office and just realized that option is missing. 

What do I need to do to have this ability? 

Hi Foster,

You can achieve this by installing the Knowledge Management System module.

1. Go to Settings and install the module "knowledge" 
  2. Then under Settings > Configuration > Knowledge, make sure to check "Manage Documents" and apply the changes.
  3. A popup will appear, click on "Apply"
  4. You can now open any record (eg. a product) and see the "Attachement(s)" button on top of it.

You can attach different file formats (PDFs, JPEG, etc.)

Regards

Thank you! :-)

Nate Foster
on 8/25/14, 9:18 PM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 8/25/14, 5:47 PM
Seen: 865 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM