Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

What is multi-company currency rule?

By
Raj
on 8/21/13, 12:58 PM 1,203 views

A new rule was created in my database of multi-company currency rule.

But I am not getting the exact idea what this rule does?

The Rule Definition is like this:

['|',('company_id','=',False),('company_id','child_of',[user.company_id.id])]

Can anyone explain what does this mean? I am getting problem in my multi company environment. Even I have give all access rights(read,create,delete,write). I am still getting error when I receive products from Incoming Shipments

(Document type: Currency, Operation: read).

Anyone has any solution?

Kevin McMenamin

--Kevin McMenamin--
| 5 2 6
Auckland, New Zealand
--Kevin McMenamin--
Kevin McMenamin
On 8/21/13, 11:55 PM

That is the standard multi-company check. Go to your parent company, open the currency set up (accounting/config/other) and remove any company specified. The same rates will now apply for all companies.

But I am working in a multi company environment. I have different currency for different company. I don't want to apply same currency for all companies. Is there any other way?

Raj
on 8/23/13, 10:51 AM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

0 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 8/21/13, 12:58 PM
Seen: 1203 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM