This question has been flagged
2 Replies

Is there any known case where POS orders which belong to a accounted session (and then closed) remain with a Paid status whilst the other ones from the same session are properly accounted for?

This happened 70 times for 25 different POS sessions over a period of time of 2 years!

Could it be related to the products sold?

Discard

Do you use the POS module in offline mode?

Best Answer

This has been observed before, and in our case, it has occurred due to issues in the offline behaviour of the POS Module. Not sure if this applies to you, but consider the following case:

When an order is created in the POS session, there are a number of associated attributes to the order object along with order lines, such as user id, session id etc. Now, suppose the current ongoing session id is '1', then the order object in the POS session will also have a session id attribute with the value  '1'.

When we press the 'Validate' button, the browser sends the order object to the python function in the backend to be processed and inserted into the database. However, until the operation is completed, a copy of the order object remains in your browser. In case the operation fails, the browser will attempt to send the order object again.

Now, coming back to the 'Validate' button. Suppose you press Validate and close the session/browser immediately, the copy of the order object will remain in the browser cache (with the session id '1'). At the end of the day, you will Close and Validate all entries and all the orders' states will change from 'Paid' to 'Posted'. You then start a new session, so now the current session id is '2'. However, when you open the POS Session interface, that copy of the order object that was remaining from the previous session will be inserted again to the database. Since this order object still had the old session id, you get an entry into the database with 'Paid' status for session id '1', which had already been closed.

This is what has happened in our case. My apologies for explaining this very poorly. This is one issue which exists, at least in OpenERP 7, and causes a lot of issues in the Accounting at the end of the day/month. Hope the explanation makes sense !

Discard
Author Best Answer

@shawn

Thanks for detailled explanation;.

This is a severe issue as we have no solution - other than posting enties manually, but leaving the orders permanently with their erroneous status - to record the corrsponding sales and VAT and perhaps inventory and stock accounting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

would you qualify this issue as a bug to be reported to Odoo?

I personnaly think it is one. I will wait for other cases  to be reported on as an answer to my question; 

In the meantime, I forwarded my question to the online support; I will also forward your answer to Odoo support .

Discard

Yup, the offline mode in the POS module is not robust at all. There are numerous cases where it can fail and lead to duplicate entries in the database. It took a lot of code modifications to make the system more sturdy. Please let us know if you get a resolution to this.