Odoo Help

What is a Procurement Request before Run Procurement?

By
Gilles Lehoux
on 3/13/13, 11:06 PM 4,505 views

When viewing a product, you can click "Request Procurement". A popup will appear and you can click "Ask New Products". The next screen has the button "Run Procurement". Before I click on that last button, what has happend up until that point. Have I created anything yet? A notice to purchasing that this should be purchased?

When purchasing is browsing products, is there a way to flag products to be purchased without generating a purchase order? That way they can be combined later on into a single purchase order.

I haven't checked, but this is probably creating a purchase requisition - a notice to purchasing that this should be purchased. You shouldn't need a way to flag products to be purchased as Requests for Quotations for the same supplier can be merged into a single Request for Quotation that can then be confirmed into a single Purchase Order. There is a setting on a product to generate a Purchase Requisition instead of a Purchase Order - this is useful when you have more than one supplier and Purchasing then can select who to offer an RFQ to and ultimately select the best offer.

Ray Carnes
on 3/13/13, 11:48 PM

For a Product configured with "Purchase Requisition" disabled: Before I click "Run Procurement", nothing shows up in either of Purchases' menus : "Quotations", "Purchase Orders", "Purchase Requisitions". After I click "Run Procurement", I get under "Quotations" an RFQ which can then be merged.

Gilles Lehoux
on 3/14/13, 12:50 AM

For a Product configured with "Purchase Requisition" enabled: Before I click "Run Procurement", nothing shows up in either of Purchases' menus : "Quotations", "Purchase Orders", "Purchase Requisitions". After I click "Run Procurement", I get under "Purchase Requisitions" a TExxx (Tender) which do not have the option to be merged. Is there a reason why merging is not an option?

Gilles Lehoux
on 3/14/13, 12:58 AM

I've tried it both ways. Nothing is generated before you click "Run Procurement".

Gilles Lehoux
on 3/14/13, 12:58 AM

About This Community

This platform is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Register

Odoo Training Center

Access to our E-learning platform and experience all Odoo Apps through learning videos, exercises and Quizz.

Test it now

Question tools

0 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 3/13/13, 11:06 PM
Seen: 4505 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM