Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

What is a Procurement Request before Run Procurement?

By
Gilles Lehoux
on 3/13/13, 11:06 PM 2,997 views

When viewing a product, you can click "Request Procurement". A popup will appear and you can click "Ask New Products". The next screen has the button "Run Procurement". Before I click on that last button, what has happend up until that point. Have I created anything yet? A notice to purchasing that this should be purchased?

When purchasing is browsing products, is there a way to flag products to be purchased without generating a purchase order? That way they can be combined later on into a single purchase order.

I haven't checked, but this is probably creating a purchase requisition - a notice to purchasing that this should be purchased. You shouldn't need a way to flag products to be purchased as Requests for Quotations for the same supplier can be merged into a single Request for Quotation that can then be confirmed into a single Purchase Order. There is a setting on a product to generate a Purchase Requisition instead of a Purchase Order - this is useful when you have more than one supplier and Purchasing then can select who to offer an RFQ to and ultimately select the best offer.

Bista Solutions US, Ray Carnes
on 3/13/13, 11:48 PM

For a Product configured with "Purchase Requisition" disabled: Before I click "Run Procurement", nothing shows up in either of Purchases' menus : "Quotations", "Purchase Orders", "Purchase Requisitions". After I click "Run Procurement", I get under "Quotations" an RFQ which can then be merged.

Gilles Lehoux
on 3/14/13, 12:50 AM

For a Product configured with "Purchase Requisition" enabled: Before I click "Run Procurement", nothing shows up in either of Purchases' menus : "Quotations", "Purchase Orders", "Purchase Requisitions". After I click "Run Procurement", I get under "Purchase Requisitions" a TExxx (Tender) which do not have the option to be merged. Is there a reason why merging is not an option?

Gilles Lehoux
on 3/14/13, 12:58 AM

I've tried it both ways. Nothing is generated before you click "Run Procurement".

Gilles Lehoux
on 3/14/13, 12:58 AM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

0 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 3/13/13, 11:06 PM
Seen: 2997 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM