This question has been flagged
1 Reply

I would like to know a workable practice for this case - you use Odoo POS at a few different shops and you also keep some petty cash in the office.  You want to keep track of the cash balance at each cash location (office, POS1, POS2, etc.).  In this case, are you supposed to separate cash accounts in COA so that each cash location has a corresponding account (thus, clear visibility on the cash balances within financial accounting)?

In other words, is there a way to keep track of the cash balances at each cash location without separating accounts?  Separating accounts can be acceptable, but it would make the number of cash accounts huge if you have many shops, which doesn't make me feel comfortable.  So I wonder if there is another way.  As I checked in my testing environment to see if each POS keeps its opening and closing balances for a session, it seems that the balances belong to the account rather than to POS.

Discard
Best Answer

Opening and closing balances are kept in account.bank.statement, so that are your journal balance...

Discard

Thanks for the hint. So I figured that you only need to create a cash journal definition for each POS and those cash journals can share one cash account so that you do not have to separate accounts. Thanks a lot!

Yes, that's right...everi cash journal can share the same account...but if you are using cash and multicurrency, it's easier to setup one account per currency of the journal. Basically the balance of the account will correspond with the sum of last ending balance of all journals.