Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

What does XML-RPC be used in OpenERP ?

By
GonG
on 7/1/14, 3:27 AM 967 views

Hi, I wonder what does XML-RPC can be used with OpenERP. Is it use for a CRUD operation from a client computer ? Only ?

What else can XML-RPC be benefit to use with OpenERP ?

Thank you

UPDATE-QUESTIONS: If XML-RPC is used to do only operation, why we should use it ? Isn't it better to use PHP and do the CRUD operation directly ?

Atul Arvind

--Atul Arvind--
| 3 3 5
India
--Atul Arvind--

Hello, 

I am odoo Enthusiast/Consultant from Baroda, Gujarat, India. Working with odoo from v5 to v9 and other opensource technology since 4+ years. Having Strong Expertise in

Requirement gathering & Gap Analysis

Odoo Development

Odoo Customization

Odoo Training

Odoo Integration

Server Administration

Odoo Migration

Implementation

I am also active on StackOverflow.

or 

Atul Arvind
On 7/1/14, 3:41 AM

If you want do it via web service then have look at the OpenERP XML-RPC Web services

XML-RPC service can call function(CRUD as well as ORM), its arguments, and the result of the call are transported using HTTP and encoded using XML. 

XML-RPC can be used with Python, Java, Perl, PHP, C, C++, Ruby, Microsoft’s .NET and many other programming languages. Implementations are widely available for platforms such as Unix, Linux, Windows and the Macintosh.

Thanks, I skimmed through the documentation. In the section PHP with login demo script, is this means that I can create a login form and login to OpenERP from my website instead of regular login page of OpenERP ?

GonG
on 7/1/14, 4:11 AM

Yes, you can create your own form in PHP to do log in to OpenERP.

Atul Arvind
on 7/1/14, 6:37 AM

Could you please suggest the way to redirect to OpenERP HomePage ? I followed from the document and others webpage from googling, it's only about connect, read, and write, but there is no example of how to redirect to OpenERP HomePage.

GonG
on 7/1/14, 7:35 AM

As of today it you want to plan to integrate odoo apps with other application JSON is the correct approach as odoo is also support JSON API too. it is faster then the XML and you can do all when you can do with xml.

GonG
On 7/1/14, 7:55 AM

Additional Answer: XML-RPC will be useful when there are others program [ written in different language from OpenERP and perhaps different platforms ] wants to talk to OpenERP.

Thanks @Atul

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 7/1/14, 3:27 AM
Seen: 967 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM