Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

What Does Odoo stand for ...?

By
Sandeep
on 5/20/14, 3:54 AM 3,585 views

What Does  Odoo stand for ...?

Fabien Pinckaers (fp)

--Fabien Pinckaers (fp)--
| 6 8 8
fsdsdfsdf, Belgium
--Fabien Pinckaers (fp)--

Odoo Founder & CEO

Fabien Pinckaers (fp)
On 5/20/14, 4:25 AM

Short Answer: It does not mean anything.

Long Answer: When we had to choose a new name for TinyERP, we purchased two domains: OpenERP.Com and odoo.com! We purchased both, just in case and we chose the wrong one (OpenERP).

A few month later, we discussed about using odoo.com for the online offer of OpenERP, but we never did it in order to not split the brand. (Odoo could have been an acronym of On Demand Open Object). OpenObject was the name of the OpenERP framework at that time but we don't use this name anymore too.

The official, and more funny, answer is here: https://www.odoo.com/blog/5/post/156

Dhinesh - Technical Consultant, Sodexis Inc

--Dhinesh - Technical Consultant, Sodexis Inc--
| 5 4 9
Pondicherry, India
--Dhinesh - Technical Consultant, Sodexis Inc--

Passionate coder in Python/OpenERP. Knows Django/Flask MVC frameworks. Did code in Java, PHP.

Contact me at: dvdhinesh.mail@gmail.com

Dhinesh - Technical Consultant, Sodexis Inc
On 5/20/14, 4:21 AM

I think i read somewhere... Odoo - On Demand Open Object

Yann Papouin
On 5/20/14, 4:05 AM

odoo - On Demand (SaaS) Offer from OpenERP

As it was stated in 2009 on a blog that does not exists anymore:

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:3mPHLXrlhD0J:fptiny.blogspot.com/2009/08/on-demand-open-erp-just-launched.html+&cd=9&hl=fr&ct=clnk

shameem@aχoncoms
On 11/18/16, 6:04 AM

Odoo (ഓടൂ) means 'You Run' in my language Malayalam. .

It was derived from ഓടുക (oduka) that means run. ഓടികോ (odiko) is a synonym.

vatsal shah
On 2/4/16, 4:58 AM

odoo : On Demand Open Object

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

2 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 5/20/14, 3:54 AM
Seen: 3585 times
Last updated: 11/18/16, 2:01 PM