Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

What does it mean - reconcile journal items?

By
odimegwu david
on 7/22/13, 2:48 AM 1,462 views

can someone put me through on what it means to reconcile journal items. I know about posting journal items and checking for errors, but how does software do reconciliation. Please, do clear the confusion. Thanks.

Abhishek
On 7/22/13, 6:28 AM

Ok let move with a simple example :

whenever you create an invoice(think for Supplier) and validate it, then a two Journal Entry created automatically and with two journal entry lines ... this entry line is Journal Items only. and it is like this : (Purchase Journal) 1. payable account ------------credit ---------------100 2. Expense account ------------debit ----------------100

Now when you pay that invoice either bank/cash or others then again a journal entry created with two more Journal entries line ........mean two more Journal Items (Bank Journal) 3. Bank Account ---------------credit-------------100 4. payable account ------------debit --------------100

So finally payable account become '0' means reconciled and only bank and expense account has real figure of amount.

Hope it will help . If yes then thanks will be enough !!!:D

I understand what you mean. I will look for where I saw it on Openerp and apply it then. will return with feedback. thanks.

odimegwu david
on 7/22/13, 1:18 PM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

0 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 7/22/13, 2:48 AM
Seen: 1462 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM