Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

What do I have to pay to use OpenERP?

By
wot
on 2/18/13, 6:20 AM 2,722 views

I'm thinking about using OpenErp for my new business. I'm an intermediate for independent workers.

Do I have to buy a user licence for each independent worker who I contract to let them post their tasks into OpenErp?

Are you talking about the SAAS solution, or more about some "do it yourself" installation ?

Antonin Bourguignon (abo)
on 2/18/13, 6:22 AM

SAAS solution sounds good. Can you explain me a little bit more what I can do with it?

wot
on 2/18/13, 7:11 AM

--Antonin Bourguignon (abo)--
| 0 0 0
--Antonin Bourguignon (abo)--
Murder simulators enthusiast. http://gaming.stackexchange.com/users/15726/anto
On 2/18/13, 11:02 AM

There are several ways to implement an OpenERP solution, from the "key in hand" SAAS to the whole "do it yourself". That being, OpenERP is a free software, so you don't have to pay any license for it. Instead of that, the company (OpenERP S.A.) sells services.

Since you seem more interested about the SAAS, you can check the pricing here: https://www.openerp.com/en/pricing and test it online directly on http://www.openerp.com.

The price of OpenERP SaaS is not just for hosting; you actually get a whole OpenERP Enterprise contract with the following benefits: Unlimited bugfixing, Upgrades from version to version (with new features), Security alerts/fix, Support hours, Private Use license, 1-click modules install and upgrade

Fabrice Henrion (fhe)
on 2/19/13, 2:54 AM

That's what I meant by "key in hand", sorry if that wasn't complete enough. Thanks for these precisions ;)

on 2/19/13, 11:11 AM
Radoslav Serafimov
On 3/27/13, 2:49 PM

Hello Wot,

SaaS (software as a service) is a very suitable solution for small and medium-sized companies.

It helps optimize budget as one doesn't have to invest in server infrastructure and system maintenance. We lease the hosting and system support to you.

You will have to invest 35 EUR/month for each unique user you have in the system.

It has never been in OpenERP strategy to create lock-in situations and the same is valid for our online platform. At any point you are free to go on a local installation or to export your data.

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

0 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 2/18/13, 6:20 AM
Seen: 2722 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM