Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

What did I do that was wrong or failed to do?

By
odimegwu david
on 7/25/13, 6:00 AM 1,857 views

what did I do wrong? I have an unpaid customer invoice which is already registered and posted in the sales journal. When I click the register payment button, a form appears. I fill in the pay invoice form with partial payment and payment method my bank account. I then click pay. The pay goes successfully. I check the journal entries, the payment is recorded and posted, even in the ledgers, but not reflected in the invoice. By the way, the invoice is still in unpaid state and balance shows no change. I wanted the balance to show changes. What did I not do or do wrong? Thanks. BTW, the invoice is still in the open state and register payment active.

I have deleted the payment from the journals and cancelled the payment so as not to complicate the situation.

odimegwu david
on 7/25/13, 6:03 AM

Addition: When you chose customer name in customer payments, payment information does not show any amount due from that customer. I think the system does not reflect the fact that customer is owing so if a new payment is initiated, it does not reconcile with the invoices or records. it has to. i saw this: http://help.openerp.com/question/13850/how-can-you-pay-with-write-off/

odimegwu david
on 7/25/13, 6:07 AM
odimegwu david
On 7/25/13, 7:04 AM

This is from the docs. I think there must be a bug on this feature.

To create a new Customer Payment, select the customer, key in the Paid Amount, e.g. 2995 and select the Payment Method, i.e. your bank journal. Any open invoices, credit notes or advances for this partner will be displayed on the Payment Information tab. In this example, the 3000 EUR invoice will be proposed.

No information or open invoices were displayed on the Payment information tab.

You have a configuration problem. Every time you think you've found a problem you have three options: (1) create a new database with demo data; (2) checkout the demo version at http://demo2.openerp.com or (3) run the latest build via http://runbot.openerp.com - you will see payments work just fine there. Then, for methods 1 and 2, compare the configuration of the database that works with yours.

Bista Solutions US, Ray Carnes
on 7/25/13, 5:41 PM

I will follow the route of (1). It's tedious and painstaking, but worth the efforts. will be right back!

odimegwu david
on 7/25/13, 6:30 PM

I have followed the directions in the pdf doc. "Click the Import Invoices button, then click Add to get a list of invoices for which your payment will have to be reconciled. Tick the checkbox in front of each invoice you need and click Select. Click OK to confirm your selection; the statement line will automatically be added with the corresponding reconciliation." Unfortunately, Invoice Import does not work, and the problem above with Register Payment still persists. I can send you a backup or dump of the database if you wish to see my actions.

odimegwu david
on 7/26/13, 10:47 AM
Amit Parik (amp)
On 7/30/13, 3:50 AM

Hello Odimegwu.

Ok, I understand your problem. Would you please check your inovoice's account type. Its might be a "Reguler" type of account that's why you faced this issue. When you create a invoice then partner's account type must be "Payable" or "Receivable" . So please change your account's type for the invoice. If partners account then its type must be "Payable" or "Receivable", If products account then its type must be "Income" or "Expense".

Here might be your partners account type is wrong, So change it and then try.

Thank you!

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 7/25/13, 6:00 AM
Seen: 1857 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM