Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

What database do I specify to connect to the hosted solution?

api
By
National Health Distribution Inc.
on 2/5/14, 4:12 PM 491 views

The documentation as to how to connect to the hosted OpenERP solution is pretty limited. I've figured out that the correct endpoint is https:// [www.openerp.com/xmlrpc], but when I try to reference the database, I get the response that it doesn't exist when attempting to login via the API.

My assumption is that it is the database name associated with the company that I select. Also I have to assume the login is the email for the user account and not say the associated login name (the non-unique "admin" on the default user).

Are there settings I should be configuring on the user account I am trying to connect with?

Each company gets their own database. Have you tried whatever is to the left of my.openerp.com with the admin user? (after you assign a password). Usernames are unique per database.

Bista Solutions US, Ray Carnes
on 2/5/14, 5:20 PM

Yes - I have been using that (in my case NHD) and yet I am still told that it doesn't exist.

National Health Distribution Inc.
on 2/5/14, 9:14 PM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 2/5/14, 4:12 PM
Seen: 491 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM