This question has been flagged
1 Reply

Hi

When someone sends an email to sales@mycompany.com or user1@mycompany.com, it is caught be the catchall@mycompany.com and Aliases distributes it accordingly eg

• user1@mycompany.com GOES TO User1 inbox
  • sales@mycompany.com IS USED TO create a new lead!

Fantastic!

What can OpenErp do with these emails...

• remittance@mycompany.com (would have an attachment)
  • incoming_invoices@mycompany.com(would have an attachment)
  • statements@mycompany.com (may have an attachment)
  • orders@mycompany.com(may have an attachment)
Discard

I am having difficulty in setting up what you already have working here. Please could you read my question "How to configure email aliases?" and post how you did it? Thanks.

Best Answer

For remittance, invoming_invoices and statements: I would create projects and assign respective aliases to these projects (remittance, incoming_invoices, statements). Configure the project so that incoming emails referring to this project's alias create issues, not tasks (issues are better to handle communication with external people).

Then define the steps in your projects according to your organization. As an example, for remittance, you can use the following steps: New, Accepted (when you get the valid document), Processed.

For orders@mycompany.com, you should create a sales team and assign it this alias. This will create leads that you can convert to opportunities and sale orders.

Discard

What's the different between task and issue in this scenario or other (technically) viewpoint? thank you