Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

What are the ways to define a model record template?

By
Antanas
on 4/18/13, 4:54 AM 780 views

If I have a model "my.records" with a few fields, and need to create a template, from which several records would be created in "my.records" at once, what options of implementing this do I have?

I am thinking about creating:

1. A model "my.template.items", where individual template item records will be stored (with the same fields as in "my.records");

2. A "my.templates" model, where each record would be a selection of records from "my.template.items" (each record in "my.templates" is a template);

3. And a wizard, where I could select a template (a record) from "my.templates" and the wizard would make a record in "my.records" , copying rows from "my.templates" record into "my.records".

Is this a good idea or bad? Is there another way, or a convention to implement this in Openerp?

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 4/18/13, 4:54 AM
Seen: 780 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM