Odoo Help

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

What are the limits of OpenERP?

Gilles Lehoux
on 3/18/13, 1:13 AM 1,850 views

What are the limits of OpenERP? What aspects are limited? Where are the limits?

Document size? Total size of all documents? Number of partners? Number of products? Number of invoices? deliveries? purchases? users? Limits in the portal?

Are the limits in OpenERP or PostgreSQL?

Where will the problems be in scaling up?

As it is, I think the question is a little too open, but I can see where you are getting at, and it's an interesting question. Perhaps you could edit to improve what you mean with "limits".

Daniel Reis
on 3/18/13, 5:40 AM

Document size?: None to my knowledge. Total size of all documents?: If documents are stored in the database, you will likely first run into a limit based on the size of the database backup file - otherwise the limit is the size of your filesystem storage capacity. Number of partners? Number of products? Number of invoices? deliveries? purchases? users?: Looking at the source code, there is a hard limit of 2,147,483,647 partners, products, invoices, deliveries, purchases and users.

Bista Solutions US, Ray Carnes
on 3/18/13, 10:39 PM

The web client pages the display of the instances of any one model in groups of 80 by default, but slows down when you change this to display thousands of records.

I am sure there are practical limits that you will run into before the hard limits - based on your ability to maintain data updates from external systems; generating reports (a large number of accounts would take longer to generate a balance sheet than a small number of accounts).

Bista Solutions US, Ray Carnes
on 3/18/13, 10:40 PM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Asked: 3/18/13, 1:13 AM
Seen: 1850 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM