Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

What are the best practices on setting access rights ?

By
GonG
on 8/24/14, 4:45 AM 988 views

I've been customizing around user access rights and found it to be very confusing.

Should I assigned user to some default groups created by OpenERP and then create my new group for further access rights ? Or should I not assigned user to some default groups but instead use my new group right away ?

If my above questions are confusing, then change my question to : :

If I have many users and they must have a complicate access rights, what are your recommendation on setting their access rights ?

Ben Bernard

--Ben Bernard--
| 4 3 6
Jakarta, Indonesia
--Ben Bernard--
Ben Bernard
On 8/24/14, 8:58 AM

> Should I assigned user to some default groups created by OpenERP and then create my new group for further access rights ?

Yes you should. I think this is the recommended method. Because it can avoid problem around compatibility with other available modules.

Anders Wallenquist
On 8/24/14, 5:18 AM

Have a look at "Template user" in the portal-system (settings -> general settings -> portal access). The template user are the ground for new users.

In a more complex implementation a set of special groups are good. You will be able to administrate these groups over time. Keep in mind that your own groups require thorough testing before they are put into operations.

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 8/24/14, 4:45 AM
Seen: 988 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM