Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

What are taxes and tax codes in openerp7?

tax
By
vivek
on 5/31/13, 7:37 AM 5,594 views

Hi,

I know how to define a new tax and the tax calculation on purchase order and sale order. I would like to know what are tax codes and taxes with regard to openerp 7, and by default there are 23 tax codes and few taxes (OTAX S,OTAX R,OTAX X,ITAX S,ITAX R,ITAX X). What are they and i thought of remove all those taxes. Will there be any problem if i remove it. I wanted to learn more about it and googled and got the following link

https://doc.openerp.com/6.1/pl/book/3/3_9/tax_structure/

But it's not working. If possible provide some links too. Thanks for your time :)

Ray Carnes

--Ray Carnes--
| 9 7 9
Greater Los Angeles, United States
--Ray Carnes--

Senior Odoo Analyst

OpenERP 6.1, 7.0 and Odoo 8.0, 9.0 (Since 2012)

Completed Functional and Technical Training.

Major Skills:

• Needs Discovery and Requirements Analysis;

• Function and Technical Specifications;

• Project Planning;

• Prototyping and Proof of concepts;

• Data migration;

• Configuration & Customization (UI and modules);

• Integration - data, business logic and service levels;

• Training and Knowledge transfer;

• Go Live support;

• Help desk;

• Version Migration.

I have over 20 years of experience empowering and enabling users with enterprise information systems that make a real and measurable difference in their ability to proactively manage their businesses and organizations. 

Ray Carnes
On 5/31/13, 6:22 PM

OpenERP's tax system runs around three major concepts:

Tax Code (or Tax Case), used for tax reporting, can be set up in a hierarchical structure so that multiple codes can be formed into trees in the same way as a Chart of Accounts. The Tax Codes structure is used to define your VAT return; it can be numeric and alphanumeric. You can define tax codes from the menu Accounting ‣ Configuration ‣ Taxes ‣ Tax Codes

Taxes, the basic tax object that contains the rules for calculating tax on the transaction it is attached to, linked to the General Accounts and to the Tax Codes. A tax can contain multiple child taxes and base its calculation on those taxes rather than on the base transaction, providing considerable flexibility.

The General Accounts, which record the taxes owing and paid.

More at https://doc.openerp.com/7.0/book/3/3_9/tax_structure/

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 5/31/13, 7:37 AM
Seen: 5594 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM