Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

What are raise except_osv messages in Openerp?

By
Aneesh
on 6/4/13, 1:58 AM 1,954 views

I am very new to OpenERP, thus this post might be a rookie mistake from inexperience. Currently, I have set up a simple OpenERP Server based on the v7 Release ,and installed on Ubuntu 11.10 32-bit in a VirtualBox virtual machine.Everything works fine.

The problem I am facing, is that should I do an "illegal" action - say for example, using another [Employee] user to create a leave for another [Employee] user - clicking on save will cause the Webclient to display loading message and stops responding. The terminal will have a message beginning with raise except_osv , and the log file has an access error.

The user will have to either log in again, or clear the cache and enter OpenERP again.

Is this normal? How to solve this issue .How I can show the error on user interface side.The user don't know what happended on console.

The error message is

2013-06-04 11:27:13,321 2564 ←[1;33m←[1;49mWARNING←[0m attendence openerp.osv.orm: Access Denied by record rules for operation: create, uid: 3, model: hr.analytic.timesheet 2013-06-04 11:27:13,321 2564 ←[1;31m←[1;49mERROR←[0m attendence openerp.netsvc: Access Denied The requested operation cannot be completed due to security restrictions. Please contact your system administrator.

(Document type: Timesheet Line, Operation: create) Traceback (most recent call last): File "C:\OpenErp\openerp\openobject-server\openerp\netsvc.py", line 361, in dispatch_rpc result = ExportService.getService(service_name).dispatch(method, params) File "C:\OpenErp\openerp\openobject-server\openerp\service\web_services.py", line 585, in dispatch res = fn(db, uid, params) File "C:\OpenErp\openerp\openobject-server\openerp\osv\osv.py", line 167, in execute_kw return self.execute(db, uid, obj, method, *args, *kw or {}) File "C:\OpenErp\openerp\openobject-server\openerp\osv\osv.py", line 123, in wrapper raise except_osv(inst.name, inst.value) except_osv: (u'Access Denied', u'The requested operation cannot be completed due to security restrictions. Please contact your system administrator.\n\n(Document type: Timesheet Line,

c:\openerp\openerp\openobject-server\openerp\osv\osv.py(123)wrapper() -> raise except_osv(inst.name, inst.value)

kalmenchia
On 6/4/13, 3:36 AM

Hi ,

it is hard to tell unless you can copy the error message and post it over here for us to take a look .

I have added the error message.This message is showing on terminal(console). I want to show all these type of error messages on user interface also

Aneesh
on 6/4/13, 4:02 AM

except_osv

Soohoo
on 12/24/13, 5:11 AM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 6/4/13, 1:58 AM
Seen: 1954 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM