Odoo Help

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Website translation

on 3/29/15, 11:43 AM 462 views

I have two websites, both with the Dutch language added. The sites have different language/translation behaviour which I can not explain.

The first site suggests to edit the page and the master when the Dutch language is selected. This looks ok to me because this enables me to create a translation from the master into Dutch.

The other site suggests to edit the page and the master when the English language is selected on the site. The master is in English, so translation English to English makes no sense.

Something has gone wrong in the seond site, but what? and how can I correct this without deleting content.

Thank you for your reply.

On 3/29/15, 12:40 PM

Thank you, the default language is the feature that influences this behaviour, thank you, issue solved.

If you are suggested to translate a language (in you case English) it's probably because the default language for this site is different from English.

Have a look at Settings > Configuration > Website settings and under section language, verify the default language that is set.

Did this help you further?

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Asked: 3/29/15, 11:43 AM
Seen: 462 times
Last updated: 3/29/15, 12:40 PM