Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

website snippet block dependend on URL/User/Attribute?

By
Piotr Piotrowski
on 12/10/14, 4:46 AM 581 views

Hello,

I am trying to prepare Odoo V8 Website Editor for new users and to achive this task, I need to limit "INSERT BLOCK" options. Actually I would like to build my own snippets and provide only them. This part of task is clear for me - I need to inherit from website module proper XML and play a bit with Xpath, like below

<xpath expr="//ul[@class='nav navbar-nav nav-tabs']" position="replace">

...some HTML...

</xpath>

The real issue is to REMOVE this limitation of blocks, when someone will be trying to access Website Editor in another context. So let`s say that I would like to have possibility to swicht between:

• customized/limited number of block options
  • standard number of blocks

From what I see right now Odoo is always processing my snippet.xml from my own_module and apply always my changes, when my module is on. That means, that when I remove standard blocks, I cannot restore them dynamically (I do not know how).

Are website editor settings shared between modules?

Can I controll it somehow?

I need my limitations either for special users or for URLs.

Thanks in advance,

Piotr

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 12/10/14, 4:46 AM
Seen: 581 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM