Odoo Help

website snippet block dependend on URL/User/Attribute?

By
Piotr Piotrowski
on 12/10/14, 4:46 AM 811 views

Hello,

I am trying to prepare Odoo V8 Website Editor for new users and to achive this task, I need to limit "INSERT BLOCK" options. Actually I would like to build my own snippets and provide only them. This part of task is clear for me - I need to inherit from website module proper XML and play a bit with Xpath, like below

<xpath expr="//ul[@class='nav navbar-nav nav-tabs']" position="replace">

...some HTML...

</xpath>

The real issue is to REMOVE this limitation of blocks, when someone will be trying to access Website Editor in another context. So let`s say that I would like to have possibility to swicht between:

• customized/limited number of block options
  • standard number of blocks

From what I see right now Odoo is always processing my snippet.xml from my own_module and apply always my changes, when my module is on. That means, that when I remove standard blocks, I cannot restore them dynamically (I do not know how).

Are website editor settings shared between modules?

Can I controll it somehow?

I need my limitations either for special users or for URLs.

Thanks in advance,

Piotr

About This Community

This platform is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Register

Odoo Training Center

Access to our E-learning platform and experience all Odoo Apps through learning videos, exercises and Quizz.

Test it now

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 12/10/14, 4:46 AM
Seen: 811 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM