Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Website_sale (user cart) translation problem (reload i18n translation)

By
Vlad
on 10/9/14, 10:13 AM 1,042 views

Hi

I found no posibility to translate "My cart" string in the TOP menu (in website_sale module, this point is not editable).
So I put my translation in the openerp/addons/website_sale/i18n folder and it works.
Problem is, I wish to modify the translation string and reload the translation. This is not works.

Odoo translated the string as I wish but the Website_sale module permanently load the string 

msgid "My cart"
msgstr "XYZ"

from my *.po file and permanently saved them somewhere. I do not know where.
It does not account for changes to the file any more.

Are there some temp files? Or  hold odoo the init translation in the database?
How I can reset the translation and persuade odoo to reload my *.po files for this module?

Thanks

Vlad

Vlad
On 10/10/14, 5:29 AM

Ok, I found in backend translation strings.

You should be more precise, others want to know to. In example: https://www.odoo.com/forum/help-1/question/how-to-translate-my-cart-53847

Fnordbedarf
on 10/22/14, 7:10 AM

Hi, Vlad. Where did you find that strings?

Leonid Kurbatov
on 10/22/14, 8:51 AM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 10/9/14, 10:13 AM
Seen: 1042 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM