Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Website Quotation Builder - how to remove history?

By
Chris Z.
on 2/23/15, 9:45 PM 644 views

I am testing a website quote builder from V8 - I am very impress with this option apart from one detail - I am not able to remove from bottom of the offer the quote history part which I would prefer not to see or have ability to switch on/off.

Is there a way to disable history for web based quotations?

Glenn
On 4/30/15, 10:31 AM

You can't remove the full history but you can disallow comments to keep the list from growing too large by doing this:

Sales>Quotations>(pick a quote)>View Quotation

Then when you quote comes up go to Customize and uncheck the Allow Comments. 

You can only get to "Allow Comments" this way. If you go direct to the Quotation Templates it's not there. I'm guessing this is a bug.

I hope this helps.

Removing comments like this also removes the feedback button at the bottom of the page - so no way to get feedback from the customer if you remove it like this. If you just want to not show the comments you could take advantage of the fact that this section is clearly identified with section id="discussion" and simply set an additional css class to hide that. Or edit the template, either using the front end edit html tool or on the backend by editing the view with external id 'website_quote.chatter' (name ' Allow Comments & History'). That way you can still encourage feedback if the quote is not quite right without overburdening the customer with reams of chatter.

Hertford Developments Limited, Kurt Haselwimmer
on 9/11/15, 4:54 AM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

2 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 2/23/15, 9:45 PM
Seen: 644 times
Last updated: 4/30/15, 10:31 AM