Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Website menu on third level

By
Andrés Méndez
on 3/12/15, 5:17 AM 1,172 views

Hello.

I would like to move a menu item to a third level deep, for example:

Option 1

---> Option 1.1

------> Option 1.1.1

Option 2

But I can only move the menu to a second level deep, even that Odoo allows me to move it to a third level, when I release the item, it moves to a second level.

Is this impossible to do with Odoo?

Thanks.

@Andrés,

It is possible through the backend by going to Settings >> Website Settings > Configure website menus.

When I can find a bit of time I plan to build a frontend interface for this that handles category trees beyond the current limitations to the frontend interface out of the box.

I recommend building your category tree from the backend, as you can build unlimited subcategories.

Luke Branch
on 3/12/15, 6:10 AM

@Luke Thanks for your fast answer. I have tried what you've said, and I have changed just the "Parent menu" field, but it doesn't work correctly: - I can see now that "Option 1.1" has an arrow (which denotes that it has a submenu). - If I click on "Option 1.1", it doesn't open the submenu, nor goes to the "Option 1.1" page I've seen that if I edit the menu from the "Website Settings", I have an icon next to the parent menu which allows me to modify several things, but I don't know what do I have to modify. Is there some manual which explains this? Thanks.

Andrés Méndez
on 3/12/15, 6:41 AM

Andrés, it works just like Luke said, you have just to add another submenu to be able to view it correctly, I don't know why, maybe it needs two or more submenus to be recognized, it's not working properly, but at least it giving a result.

Yassine TEIMI
on 10/8/15, 5:04 AM

Andrès, it's not working properly at all, I've tested it again, and it's working for one item, and it should have imperatively a second menu beside, otherwise it doesn't work. So it's a complete mess, that's it. I'm correcting my self, I hope we get a proper solution for this.

Yassine TEIMI
on 10/8/15, 5:16 AM
Andrés Méndez
On 10/8/15, 5:22 AM

:-(

Yassine TEIMI
On 10/8/15, 10:43 AM

Hi Andres, Try this : https://github.com/acsone/odoo/commit/ea5dd3f842df2a6439c5f54bbef3375ac1e8ab1fe,

It's a modification of the js responsible of limiting menus level on Odoo website. Do a backup before you do this chang we never know. 

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

2 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 3/12/15, 5:17 AM
Seen: 1172 times
Last updated: 10/23/15, 6:51 AM