This question has been flagged

Just at the point that Odoo have undertaken to provide multiple images for product presentation on the website in their upcoming indiegogo funded theme bonanza I am reverting back to the simplicity of the original one-image design.

But with a twist - I'm looking to have the image be a javascript rotatable product spin, like the ones shown here:- http://www.webrotate360.com/360_degree_product_imaging_and_3D_modeling_services.html

Has anyone ever managed to do anything like this within the exisiting framework, or should we make representations to the new theme design team that this be one of the additional 50 building blocks that they have undertaken to produce ?

Discard

@Kurt, I've managed to integrate this in Magento and Wordpress without too much hassle, so I do not think this will be too far of a stretch to build a workable snippet for this. I would definitely recommend suggesting it on the Indiegogo comments page though. Out of interest, where did you find the bonanza theme? I've been using a quick and dirty method for adding multiple images to a product by means of a custom module, however it is far from being an ideal way to implement multiple product images for products on the website. I'd be interested to take a look at how they've achieved it.

Author

Bonanza is not a specific theme it is merely a term to described the large number (80 is it ?) themes that will be developed and will hopefully soon be available as a result of the Indiegogo campaign. I cannot recall where I read that multiple images would become available, but I think it was a believable source.

ok. I understand. hopefully this is considered, as it is a basic feature for e-commerce websites and therefore if it's not implemented in the core modules, I can only hope that there is an extra module being built (independent of the theme modules) that has it properly implemented. If it is implemented at the theme module level you will lose your product images everytime you uninstall/re-install a theme module which would obviously be undesirable for a website theme. Multi-image support really needs to be implemented in the core sale module itself. There are many different uses for it beyond simply integrating multiple images into the frontend website, so I can only hope this is on the roadmap for the 9.0 core, or an 8.1 update.