Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Webkit Reporting Error: Coercing to Unicode

By
Willem de Vlam
on 12/5/13, 6:56 AM 2,127 views

Whenever i try to print a report from the webikt (e.g. General Ledger), i get the following error message:

coercing to Unicode: need string or buffer, bool found (<type 'exceptions.typeerror'="">, TypeError('coercing to Unicode: need string or buffer, bool found',), <traceback object="" at="" 0x0326edf0="">)

I set the webkit_path system parameter to 'E:\ERP\webkit\wkhtmltopdf\wkhtmltopdf.exe' (without the quote marks).

Installation: OpenErp V7 (Dutch) Windows Vista 64bit

I am not a sysadmin or programmer, and I have no idea what to try next.

help?

The error means that a certain field that was required on the report was not supplied. For example, when you print out an invoice and it wants to display the partner address, but no address was given. In this case, it could be any of the information on your report.

Ludo - Neobis
on 12/22/14, 4:06 AM
ESTC
On 12/21/14, 10:33 PM

Dear try this first:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x5q9-XAnDtk

if it did not fix the issue and gaive you a new error try to perform an update of openerp. It appears that your account_financial_report_webkit module is newer than the report_webkit module bundled with openerp. The change in the report_webkit module was introduced in June 2014.

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

2 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 12/5/13, 6:56 AM
Seen: 2127 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM