Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Webbuilder: Howto set default page title or avoid | localhost

By
Dieter Huelskamp
on 4/8/15, 8:57 AM 766 views

Hello,

I was searching howto get rid of | localhost as default suffix for page titles for seo purposes. Any idea?

Luke Branch

--Luke Branch--
| 6 7 8
Mui Wo, Lantau, Hong Kong
--Luke Branch--

Luke Branch
On 4/9/15, 12:49 AM

Hi Dieter,

his was fixed in a recent update (within the last two months), and a feature was added to the following menu in the backend:

Settings >> Website Settings > Website Name

This field (Website Name) can be changed to whatever you require, and is the response from Odoo for this Github request:

https://github.com/odoo/odoo/issues/3493

I think better SEO handling is being worked on in the master branch that will eventually become Odoo 9.0, but I was thinking of building a basic custom module to achieve these functions (like Magento's Title Prefix, Suffix, etc.) for 8.0. If you think it would be useful for you i'd be happy to post back with a link when it's done.

Thank you very much, good to know, there was something going on, now I just have to understand, which branch those fixes go to, and why it did not get latest versión installing odoo like just two weeks ago.

Dieter Huelskamp
on 4/9/15, 1:10 AM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 4/8/15, 8:57 AM
Seen: 766 times
Last updated: 4/9/15, 12:49 AM