Odoo Help

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

web to lead! could it be done easy?

Sherif Butt
on 3/28/13, 11:48 AM 3,656 views

Hi All,

I'm searching for a while for a way to get client fill in a web form on my wordpress website to submit lead info to openerp. If you used programs like sugarcrm or vtiger they have a very nice tool to create a webforms form simple user friendly interface and give you the code, i wish if something like this could be developed or exist for openerp.

Please drop some lines if you have a solution for this issue.

Thanks in advance

@rishi kesh

Thank you a lot for your replay :) I'm already using this work around solution. and i can say it is quite viable solution for any one who is starting to get leads in openerp, however i was looking if any one have developed a clean web to lead form generator to get the fields directly to their places inside openerp.

If you would start to have many leads coming from different campaigns you would spend quire bit of time sorting your leads around.

Sherif Butt
on 3/28/13, 1:29 PM

Yes i understand. I am sorry but i don't have any solutions :) Hope some one else will help you

rishi kesh
on 3/28/13, 1:47 PM
rishi kesh
On 3/28/13, 1:10 PM

Hi the best solution i could think of is:

1. create an email specifically to receive the form inputs.
  2. create an incoming mail server in your openerp and configure it to create leads for all the emails received.

This should solve your issue.

Ray Carnes

--Ray Carnes--
| 9 7 9
Greater Los Angeles, United States
--Ray Carnes--

Senior Odoo Analyst

OpenERP 6.1, 7.0 and Odoo 8.0, 9.0 (Since 2012)

Completed Functional and Technical Training.

Major Skills:

• Needs Discovery and Requirements Analysis;

• Function and Technical Specifications;

• Project Planning;

• Prototyping and Proof of concepts;

• Data migration;

• Configuration & Customization (UI and modules);

• Integration - data, business logic and service levels;

• Training and Knowledge transfer;

• Go Live support;

• Help desk;

• Version Migration.

I have over 20 years of experience empowering and enabling users with enterprise information systems that make a real and measurable difference in their ability to proactively manage their businesses and organizations. 

Ray Carnes
On 3/28/13, 7:19 PM

The portal functionality provides this - you can embed the "Contact Us" page into your own page and then you leads enter information directly into OpenERP!

<div style="width: 660;height: 550;overflow: hidden;">
    <iframe scrolling="no" frameborder="0" src="http://<OPENERP SERVER>:<PORT>" width="890" height="500" style="margin-top:-90px;margin-left:-225px;/>

Play around with the margins to hide the parts of OpenERP you don't want.

@Ray Thank you for this Idea, I have searched for the portal feature and the "Contact Us" page. but no hope, could you please explain bit further how to get to "Contact Us" page and how to use the portal for sharing it?

Sherif Butt
on 3/28/13, 8:35 PM

Visit http://runbot.openerp.com and connect to one of the 7.0 branches with a green light. What you see when you do is the portal. Look for the Contact link under About Us. To activate the portal on your owninstallation, Navigate to Settings -> Configuration -> General Settings and check the box next to 'Activate the Public Portal'. The public portal is accessible only if you are in a single database mode. You can launch the OpenERP Server with the option --db-filter=YOUR_DATABAE to do so. Once activated, the login page will be replaced by the public website.

Bista Solutions US, Ray Carnes
on 4/4/13, 1:16 AM

Ok so these instructions were really helpful and I have the Public Portal active. I want to now embed the contact form into a page on another webserver. How can this be done? Where can one find the code to embed? Thanks

AppliSential (Pty) Ltd
on 4/30/13, 5:40 AM

I've updated my original answer with a DIV tag snippet.

Bista Solutions US, Ray Carnes
on 4/30/13, 9:41 PM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Asked: 3/28/13, 11:48 AM
Seen: 3656 times
Last updated: 4/20/15, 1:54 AM