Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

web services - working example, two odoo instances

By
TS
on 11/6/14, 4:27 AM 902 views

Hello,

Sounds lazy, so I am sorry in advance - but I am trying to get into idea of webservices; got two separate odoo instances, one with demo data and one empty, and I am looking for a way/method/manual to transfer particular data (for example customer detail) from one instance to another.

Tried to find some step-by-step manuals written for dumbs, but seems there is no any like that. There are few pages on odoo manuals related to webservices, but not any example. Found also something called 'webservice handler module' - but seems it is not available between other modules :(. Is maybe anyone able to write in short form few sentences/short guideline how to use web services to transfer data between two odoo instances? Looking for something what will not kill me with 24563456345 lines of code, but something more human-readable. Also appreciate any answer/help, but if anyone would try to help by 'read manual' - then please, try to avoid such a 'help' :).

Thank you in advance & regards

Tomasz

TS
On 11/7/14, 10:13 AM

Finally was able to manage to have some python code working (read/write data to customer tables), but at the moment I am aware how to use 'res.partner' object. Problem is that cannot find information how/where to find all possible to use objects.

Google helped only a bit - I was able to find other objects ('ir.actions' or 'ir.module'), but didn't find complete list of them. Maybe somebody knows if/where it is? Is so, share please.

regards

Tomasz

Hi, you can get the complete list of models with their fields directly from within odoo. First you need to set "technical settings rights" to admin user. Then go to "Settings=>Technical=>Database structure=>Models.

Nicolas PIGANEAU
on 11/8/14, 11:34 AM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 11/6/14, 4:27 AM
Seen: 902 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM