Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

[web-services] Architecture concerns.

By
PY
on 6/20/14, 4:39 AM 735 views

Hi !

If you were to program an openERP's object that will hold your supplier's configuration, and perform web services calls when needed, and if you wanted to make this object generic, so that you will just adjust configuration when a new supplier with a different technology comes out, how will you achieve that ?

I've started writting stuff, then wondering if it's worth the hard time it takes.

Thanks.

Nobody shares the same feelings ?

Clarification:

The methods I build, related to these web service calls, and their counterparts handling and parsing responses aim to be generic. That's why I got headaches writing those. That's why I wonder if it would not be easier to write a function for each supplier, instead of a generic function that takes configuration variables, and build request and parsing response depending on those variables.

I hope you catch my meaning (my English is not that good, I know :/)

Thanks again

Edit:

Nobody ?

Antonio M. Vigliotti
On 6/21/14, 10:37 AM

Can this can help you?

Documentation for developers

Documentation is still working in progress

No, this cannot help me.

PY
on 6/23/14, 3:25 AM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 6/20/14, 4:39 AM
Seen: 735 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM