Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Web client returns a blank page

By
Jonathan
on 4/6/13, 1:00 PM 3,167 views

My web client returns a blank page. Server starts. Local host navigates fine. I even see the small red "loading" box. Then blank.. Browser is chromium. I was using openERP no more then an hour ago with..

What Operating System are you using?

Francesco OpenCode
on 4/6/13, 1:32 PM

ubuntu 12.10

Jonathan
on 4/6/13, 3:59 PM
Jonathan
On 4/6/13, 9:19 PM

I solved the issue by dropping my database. I suggest always making a backup.

restart computer to or manually end any processes.

sudo su postgres dropdb db_name

exit

start openerp-server

perhaps this can be of some use to someone. Remember, Always make a backup.

Just had the same issue, none of the above solutions worked, including dropping the database completely. What did finally work was getting rid of the entire web addons folder and getting the bzr branch of the new copy.

Brett Lehrer
on 6/18/13, 2:22 PM

Right solution for me also to replace the addons/web folder with the stock release files.

Gregoire Huet
on 11/29/13, 6:22 PM

glad to hear this was pinpointed down more accurately.

Jonathan
on 11/30/13, 12:29 PM

Francesco OpenCode

--Francesco OpenCode--
| 5 7 9
Grottaglie, Italy
--Francesco OpenCode--

Italian Odoo (OpenERP) Modules Developer LINKEDIN: http://www.linkedin.com/in/francescoapruzzese

Francesco OpenCode
On 4/6/13, 1:54 PM

I had the some problem with Debian and OpenERP 7. I solved it using Chrome. Try it.

I used a few different browsers to no avail.

Jonathan
on 4/6/13, 4:00 PM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

0 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 4/6/13, 1:00 PM
Seen: 3167 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM