Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Warehouse Setup for Sales on consignment

By
Robert Klüsener
on 5/22/13, 7:38 AM 4,322 views

Our company has some consignment customers. The process is relatively simple: 1. We deliver goods on consignment without invoicing them. 2. On a monthly base the customer reports his sales. 2a. We invoice the goods sold to the customer 2b. Based on Order Rules we deliver goods to the customer to replenish his consignment stock

I have a basic idea how I can set this up but I am not sure if this is the best way and also struggling with a few details. So here is my theoretical setup: 1. I create a specific stock location for every consignment customer: Physical Locations / Your Company / Stock / Consignment Stock / Customers Consignment Stock

1. To deliver goods I make a delivery order (or an internal stock move?) to that location Source: Physical Locations / Your Company / Stock Destination: Physical Locations / Your Company / Stock / Consignment Stock / Customers Consignment Stock

2. When the customer reports his sales I create a sales order and select customers consignment stock as the source location: Source: Physical Locations / Your Company / Stock / Consignment Stock / Customers Consignment Stock Destination: Partner Locations / Customers

I tried to implement this setup in OpenERP but I did not work out. When I try to deliver from the Customers Consignment Stock I always get the information that the products waiting for availability.

Any ideas how to change the setup for better?

I have the same problem, did you solved this already, is there a solution? Any idea?

Carlos Almeida
on 11/18/14, 10:33 AM
Ravish Murari (rmu)
On 10/7/16, 5:39 AM

Hello,

I'm sure it will work for you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=49hw48C0IYw&feature=youtu.be

Thanks.

Raw

Jeremy Low
On 10/5/16, 12:00 PM

Hi,

Facing the same issue as well. We are planning to start consignment sales term with a few of our customers but it won't be practical for us to create a new warehouse for each customer. We're looking at creating stock location, even then this is still quite tedious

Ankit Gauri
On 6/21/16, 9:06 AM

Hello Robert

I am also facing the same issue if you find any solutions for that do let me know 

thank you

nick2474
On 5/26/16, 12:52 AM

Hi maybe this module helps: https://www.odoo.com/apps/modules/8.0/vendor_consignment_stock/

Jukka Pyykönen
On 12/14/14, 12:05 PM

Hi, I have the same issue. I can however get available quantity when I change Source location in the "Stock move" to match the "Consignment location". In my case Source location is not determined correctly from the sales order by using the route I have setup. Maybe it gets  the default from Warehouse - Out type - Picking type. Ideas?

If this is the way it works, the Consignment locations would have to be on warehouse level - which for sure is not an optimal solution to manage sales consignment -cases.

Does anyone have more info on this one?

Cheers,

Jukka

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

8 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 5/22/13, 7:38 AM
Seen: 4322 times
Last updated: 10/7/16, 5:57 AM