Odoo Help

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Warehouse (Incoming Shipments)

on 3/23/13, 12:00 PM 3,589 views

Hi Everyone,

I'm a little busy exploring OpenERP and I am currently facing some difficulties in Warehouse. Is it possible, to add a new product to to expected incoming shipment?

I am trying just now, to add a new product, before processing the Incoming Shipment of a specific Purchase Order, but unfortunately, I am getting an "Integrity Error"

Here's a screenshots for more detailed info. Supposing that PO00007 is my expected Product to receive, but I need to add a new product according to the Delivery that the Warehouse received. image description

But, when I try to add a new product and Process the Shipment. I got this Warning image description

Can anyone help me to solved this? what is the possible mistakes that I have made? Is it User Error or not? thanks in Advance.

May be the state of the delivery is not draft, so you cannot edited. This is a bit painfull. Example:

on 3/23/13, 12:08 PM

Ray Carnes

--Ray Carnes--
| 9 7 9
Greater Los Angeles, United States
--Ray Carnes--

Senior Odoo Analyst

OpenERP 6.1, 7.0 and Odoo 8.0, 9.0 (Since 2012)

Completed Functional and Technical Training.

Major Skills:

• Needs Discovery and Requirements Analysis;

• Function and Technical Specifications;

• Project Planning;

• Prototyping and Proof of concepts;

• Data migration;

• Configuration & Customization (UI and modules);

• Integration - data, business logic and service levels;

• Training and Knowledge transfer;

• Go Live support;

• Help desk;

• Version Migration.

I have over 20 years of experience empowering and enabling users with enterprise information systems that make a real and measurable difference in their ability to proactively manage their businesses and organizations. 

Ray Carnes
On 3/23/13, 1:13 PM

The error message is telling you (since you are creating a new stock move) that a mandatory field is not correctly set. The name of the field that is not set is location_dest_id.

What this means is that OpenERP does not know where this product should go when received. You can't set the destination location from the wizard window where you are adding the product, you must instead add the product to the Incoming Shipment itself.

Instead of clicking PROCESS, then clicking CREATE to add the product, click EDIT to change the incoming shipment, then click CREATE on the General Information tab. You can now add the product and the destination field (location_dest_id) will be set by default/ THEN you can click PROCESS to confirm what you have received.

Thank you very much Sir Ray Carnes, for answering this, it actually erased my confusion regarding thsi matter, now I know that I should EDIT the Incoming Shipment first, rather than processing it and adding new items. :) thanks , thanks also, for explaining what it the problem,, highly appreciated .

on 3/23/13, 11:22 PM
On 3/23/13, 12:16 PM

May be the state of the delivery is not draft, so you cannot edited. This is a bit painfull.

You can looking forward some extended module what is grant to you the possibilities for a simple edition, or first you need to cancel the incoming shipment, cancel all of the picking what is part of your Delivery order. (if you have a production first you need to cancel that) After you can cancel the delivery order, after you can make the modification for the delivery order. So you need to make all of things by reverse mode.

The main problem is the journal entries. may be use the PGADMIN as well :-)

I'am a little lost here, let me clear it up, so you mean, to be able to edit or configure my incoming shipment, I must first cancel it? Or should I need to make a new record for that? is it possible that the new record is still have a link on the old PO?

on 3/23/13, 12:52 PM

Without cancel your procedure, (All of the thinks what is based on your Sales Order not). If you want to add this items for your Sales process, you must cancel the picking first. As I know...

on 3/23/13, 2:08 PM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

0 follower(s)

Asked: 3/23/13, 12:00 PM
Seen: 3589 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM