Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Warehouse and Location in Multi-Company

By
Jose M
on 8/11/14, 6:13 AM 1,558 views

Hello All.

I'm currently working in a mutlicompany environment and I'm having several doubts with Stock Module. When we install a new DB we have this structure:

Partner Locations (Node) -> Customers , Suppliers (Leaves)

Physical Locations (Node) -> Transit Location , Stock (Leaves)

Virtual Locations (Node) -> Inventory Loss, Procurement, Production .... (Leaves)

These locations has "company_id" = False, I can use it with all the companies. So my question is, do I need to duplicate all the locations to all the companies or just duplicate the leaves and kept the nodes with no company? Which is the best practice?

Thank you!

klacus
On 8/17/14, 6:07 AM

Hi.

This is just my opinion.

In the life, much practically if you separate the locations, and stocks by companies. Later the handling, and overview -I think- mutch more easier.

If your model is include some common location, you can define it as well by common.

Some larger companies, must sepeareted the locations also. Like incoming stock separareted from production kanban stock, and final qc stock. We need to handle all of the larger location like a different company. (In this case we inherit the stock_locations)

Hope this is help.

Bye.

L.

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 8/11/14, 6:13 AM
Seen: 1558 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM