Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

View today's sales orders under dashboard in v7?

By
Sean Samborski
on 8/19/14, 3:28 PM 1,505 views

The sales orders doesn't have a way to sort by Month, Day, Year like on other reports. How can I see just today's sales orders on the dashboard. 

Under sales analysis, it will give me a count, but not the actual SO. Under Sales -> Sales Orders, I can add advanced searching by date, but those are specific dates and won't update the report dynamically. So if I choose today's date for the criteria, then tomorrow on my dashboards I will still have today's sales orders and not tomorrow's sales orders. Example, I set a report on Dashboard to show 8/1/2014 every day after that the report will not update to the current date, it will remain at 8/1/2014.

How do I get a report just showing me today's orders and updates to current day everyday?

Fabrice Henrion (fhe)

--Fabrice Henrion (fhe)--
| 7 7 8
San Francisco, United States
--Fabrice Henrion (fhe)--

Director Odoo USA

Fabrice Henrion (fhe)
On 8/20/14, 2:08 AM

Assuming v7.0:

• Go to Sales > Sale Orders
  • Create an advanced filter that is Date is equal to 8/1/2014
  • Save this filter
  • Activate the developer mode and go to the "Manage filters" menu
  • Click on your saved filter and edit it
  • Replace the domain by [('date_order', '=', (context_today().strftime('%Y-%m-%d')))]
  • Click on the Sale Orders menu to refresh the list view
  • Click on your saved filter and it will only display the sale orders of today dynamically

This question is a duplicate of this and this question. Please search the site before asking.

Ok. Sorry about the duplicate. I was trying to search with sales order so nothing was coming up. I will try to test this and figure out how I can make it global for everyone. More people need this view and I can't really tell them these steps. They won't understand. Thanks for the solution.

Elephante, Sean Samborski
on 8/20/14, 2:13 AM

Oh duh. I just share the filter like normal. Side Note: There seems to be an issue right now and it won't let me select your answer as the accepted answer...I can try again later but if you have a way you can select your own, feel free because I want to select this as the correct answer. Thanks again.

on 8/20/14, 2:26 AM

In order to share with everybody, you just have to remove your name from the saved filter and leave this field empty.

Fabrice Henrion (fhe)
on 8/20/14, 2:31 AM

I think perhaps if I add this filtered view to the dashboard it does not update dynamically? The filter works fine when applying it to the list view, but once I add it to the dashboard, it will only ever show the date of when I added it.

on 8/27/14, 1:31 AM
Bert Fabri
On 6/29/15, 3:25 AM

I noticed, the same behavior. If you add a "dynamic" filter to the dashboard, it's not "dynamic" anymore. It takes the date calculated fixed. So, this makes no sense.

I noticed the same, because I had a report of "invoices to be paid this week" in my dashboard. It doesn't get updated...  

+1, yes I think it I'll not updated in the dashboard , and if we check Fields view get we will find the date of the addition ... also I think it should be added manually from the code ...

Ahmed M.Elmubarak
on 6/29/15, 4:41 AM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

4 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 8/19/14, 3:28 PM
Seen: 1505 times
Last updated: 6/29/15, 3:25 AM