This question has been flagged
1 Reply

Hi All,

I'm receiving 404 error which I click the view quotation button in mail, but when I'm logged in openerp the link works from email.

Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks Arun

Discard
Best Answer

Hi Arun,

I've been having the same problem, so I'm just going to write down our findings and hopefully you'll be able to get few steps forward. I still don't have perfect understanding about this online quotation builder module myself so your experience / success might vary. :)

We received 404 like you due to the fact that our installation has several test databases on the same domain. The quotation might work straight out of the box with single db-setup, but I for one haven't tested it like that. So in essence the redirect didn't work for a user because he doesn't have any (session/login cookie etc) on his browser. Odoo couldn't figure out to which installation (DB) it would redirect the client hence the url fails to redirect to the right place. It can however figure out the db you're using when clicking the link when you're logged in.

Also out of the box, I don't think the website frontend or portal modules are set "public" in the sense that one could view them without some sort of login first. This might affect things later on regarding user permissions so it's to keep that in mind.

To remedy this issue we found another thread here it is explained how to start openerp, with the parameter that passes the db on urls. ( --db-filter ^%d$) Original source: https://www.odoo.com/forum/Help-1/question/Domain-based-db-filter-6583

Depending on your setup, your solution might differ. (For us it was /opt/virtualenv/odoo-v8/bin/odoo.py --db-filter ^%d$ -c /opt/odoo/openerp-server.conf) 

After restarting odoo with this parameter, the "view quotation" - generated link in e-mails has the installation (DB) as parameter and customer is prompted to create an account. After that ODOO succesfully can connect the dots between the quotation-customer-user, so the created user is connected to the crm customer and so forth. 

However: Atleast with our "out of the box" configuration we still have few unsolved issues:

- Customer is not automatically added to Portal - group permissions so they won't be able to view the quotations.

- Eventhough customer has already registered, any new quotations that are created will always send a new registeration token link with the e-mail as they would be new customer, instead of allowing a "returning customer with login details" to simply login and view the quotation. This might however be just a simple bug in the e-mail template.

I'm sure many other configuration issues will arise later on, if possible I'll write down more stuff as we progress to implement the module.

Hope this helps,

Erno Iipponen

Web-veistamo.fi

Discard