Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

view inheritance in openerp

By
shafeequemonp
on 3/7/14, 7:59 AM 812 views

i need form view like the view in base.res_partner_view.xml but i should use different model.so anyone can help me..

Kazim Mirza
On 3/7/14, 8:08 AM

you have to inherit the resource partner class on your new module like this way: _inherit = 'res.partner' and in a columns section you can add the fields which you wanted in your module.

now you have to inherit the resource partner view also in xml like this way.. <record id="view_partner_form" model="ir.ui.view"> <field name="name">res.partner.form</field> <field name="model">res.partner</field> <field name="inherit_id" ref="base.view_partner_form"/> <field name="arch" type="xml">

now you have to give your custom filed position in to this view like this

<field name="email" position="replace"> <field name="gmail"/> <field name="skype"/> </field>

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 3/7/14, 7:59 AM
Seen: 812 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM