Odoo Help

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

View error: Can't find field 'field name' in the following view parts composing the view of object model 'object name'

on 10/29/15, 9:48 AM 397 views

My company's client has backed up the database from their server and gave dump file to restore it locally on my machine, on exactly the same versions (7.0). While the backup and restore process works without errors, I get the following OpenERP Warning when opening the accounts module:

"View error. Can't find field 'amount_net' in the following view parts

composing the view of object model 'account.invoice':

* account.invoice.form

Either you wrongly customized this view, or some modules bringing those views are not compatible with your current data model

The big problem is that I cannot open any invoice after the warning! I even deleted that field in the postgres database, restarted server and updated the module but still it doesn't get deleted here in openerp. The company also provided the complete addons directory,but they have not made any changes in the source code.

did you tried replacing the complete addons folder?

on 10/29/15, 10:02 AM
Kinner Vachhani
On 10/29/15, 11:14 AM

The views are saved in database. You will require to delete amount_net from the view.

Search for amount_net in all views (you can do it through web interface) and find which form/tree view has it. Delete/comment the line in the view and it should bring back your invoice form view. 

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Asked: 10/29/15, 9:48 AM
Seen: 397 times
Last updated: 10/30/15, 5:57 AM