This question has been flagged
1 Reply

My staff prefers the default view for tasks as the tree.... not the kanban view. I know how to change the view, but it doesn't stick after a -update database command. This is a pain because i'm trying to dial in more views and things reset whenever i want to update the software.

also, somewhat related the "Reload from attachment" checkbox in my report config always resets itself after an update.

my laundry list of things to do after an update is getting out of control.

Discard

@Andrew, Is the problem solved regd "checkbox in my report config always resets itself after an update."...

I am also facing the same problem with Sales settings configuration

Provide me suggestion regd this

Best Answer

One way to do it, without developing a module:

• Duplicate the Tasks menu
  • Hide the official one by applying the group "No One"
  • Change the action on your new menu item

Note that I am thinking about organizing a course on advanced customization of OpenERP without specific developments (custom reports, change in views, handle very specific use cases with Google Docs Integration, change workflows, ...) for the next community days: 1st of july 2013.

Discard
Author

thanks!! so far so good. I created the group "no one" and the duplicate menu. can it be named the same or should it be unique?

Pretty much everything in OpenERP is already uniquely identified by an XML ID that you don't get exposed to very often. In your case, the duplicate is already uniquely identified and you can use the same 'name' string.

Author

Sorry to pester, but you guys are nailing it so i thought i'd toss one more. Where do i locate the view for after clicking on "# Tasks" in the kanban view of projects? I'd like that to return the tree view there also, but i can't locate the view for the the life of me. (It does not appear to be associated with the menu view Projects/Tasks)

@Andrew: you and the community would be better off if you asked your follow-up question as a new question instead. You, because it would be clearly visible instead of hidden away in a comment that nobody may notice. The community, because somebody else might have the same problem as you. As a question it is simple to find, as a comment it is not.