Odoo Help

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Version 10.0: localhost refused to connect

Tony Cook
on 10/7/16, 12:27 PM 555 views

I downloaded a copy of the Windows .exe for Version 10.0e to evaluate locally before rolling out on our server (we already have an Enterprise contract), and after a completed installation I immediately get a "localhost refused to connect" error in my browser when the install tries to navigate to localhost:8069. From what I've read, this may be an error with Postgres refusing the connection due to password problems or incorrect service user?

When I look at which services are running, PostgreSQL_for_Odoo is running fine, but odoo-server-10.0 will not start (saying "The system cannot find the file specified").

Thanks in advance.

Hello Artem,

Thanks for your tip. I didn't change the default directory (Program Files (x86)\Odoo 10.0e), but the registry entry did still contain the directory of a previous installation (which I had already uninstalled and removed the directories for). Unfortunately, even after correcting the value and restarting, localhost refuses to connect.

Tony Cook
on 10/7/16, 4:05 PM

Is the error still the same?

If so check file permission, path, policies.

On my computer 10.0 works.

on 10/7/16, 8:19 PM
Xavier Brochard
On 10/8/16, 6:24 AM

Did you stopped the firewall ?... it's a usual error. First stop it, try to access Oddo and then open the port in the firewall.

On 10/7/16, 3:56 PM

Let me guess you have changed the default installation directory?

If so change the odoo service setting in the registry of 'ImagePath' in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM \CurrentControlSet\Services\odoo-server-10.0

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Asked: 10/7/16, 12:27 PM
Seen: 555 times
Last updated: 10/8/16, 6:24 AM