Odoo Help

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Vendor Bills Validation Skips To Paid

Holden Rehg
on 1/7/16, 5:35 PM 750 views

I'm working with the accounting module and when I create draft vendor bills and click "Validate" it always moves the bill directly to Paid. I have a blank database with only the Accounting and Finance module installed and it works correctly. It moves the invoice from Draft to Open after validation.

I also have no problem with invoices created from sales orders. It only occurs with vendor bills. 

Has anyone experienced a similar problem? I am assuming it must be a configuration setting or a specific addon that is causing the issue. We have no third party addons installed outside of what ships with Odoo 9 Enterprise.

UPDATE January 13th, 2016 Testing with the workflows has seemed to narrow it down slightly. The project is using the default Odoo 9 Account / Invoice workflow. The "open" node will fire the following python commands: action_date_assign() action_move_create() invoice_validate() Both the action_date_assign and invoice_validate function cause the vendor bill to move directly to Paid. If I only include the action_move_create function in the workflow then the vendor bill will remain in Draft after validation. Neither one of these functions point to anything obvious that would cause the state to change to Paid.

Holden Rehg
on 1/13/16, 4:43 PM
Morten Schou
On 5/24/16, 6:42 AM

Had the same problem

Be sure to set type to payable on 'vendor payable account', any other type will have 'Vendor bill' to behave wrong.

Fabien Pinckaers (fp)

--Fabien Pinckaers (fp)--
Tiny ERP Pvt Ltd
| 6 8 8
fsdsdfsdf, Belgium
--Fabien Pinckaers (fp)--

Odoo Founder & CEO

Fabien Pinckaers (fp)
On 1/13/16, 6:58 PM

It's probably linked to one of your custom modules, since it works fine on standard implementations. You can test on https://odoo.com/start or https://demo.odoo.com

Unfortunately, there are no custom / third party modules installed on the instances I'm testing with. The only modules installed shipped with Odoo Enterprise. I tracked it down to the fact that the residual amount on my vendor bills is always zero when validating.

Holden Rehg
on 1/13/16, 9:37 PM

The same thing happens to normal outgoing invoices too. And it's really caused by the residual being zero. I'm still wondering WHY.

Aron Lorinc
on 6/22/16, 4:42 AM

I've investigated the problem. It was that the invoice lines had incorrect "account" fields. The correct value depends on your country and the partner's fiscal position among other things.

Aron Lorinc
on 6/22/16, 12:34 PM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Asked: 1/7/16, 5:35 PM
Seen: 750 times
Last updated: 6/22/16, 4:42 AM