Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

VAT Tax retained calculation in quotation

By
Mike Greenish
on 6/24/16, 6:23 PM 289 views

Working through my first quotations for a customer in Germany where VAT is 19%.  In the Accounting->Taxex, I created a tax called VAT DE, set it 0.19 and checked "Tax included in price" which is the norme in Germany.  

I create the quotation, add a line item with a product from the price list with a cost of 9500, set the tax column to VAT DE, Odoo calculates a base amount of 7983.19 and tax of 1516.81.  It should be 7695 and 1805.  Did I set something wrong or is this a bug? 

Ermin Trevisan

--Ermin Trevisan--
| 6 3 7
Walchwil, Switzerland
--Ermin Trevisan--

Ermin Trevisan
On 6/25/16, 1:06 AM

I don't know in which number system you are calculating. Mine is the same as Odoo's and Odoo's calculation is correct. if your price included 19% of VAT is 9500 gross, then your net price is 9500/1.19 which results in 7983.19.

You might remember that VAT rates are applied to net prices and not to gross prices, anything else does not make any sense.

Mike Greenish
On 6/25/16, 5:32 PM

Thanks for confirming the calculation is right and providing the logic behind.  I'm more used to tax being added after the price so I had the calculation going the wrong way.  Thanks!!

You can't apply VAT to a price which already includes VAT :-)

Ermin Trevisan
on 6/26/16, 1:25 AM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

2 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 6/24/16, 6:23 PM
Seen: 289 times
Last updated: 6/26/16, 1:50 AM