This question has been flagged
2 Replies

Working through my first quotations for a customer in Germany where VAT is 19%.  In the Accounting->Taxex, I created a tax called VAT DE, set it 0.19 and checked "Tax included in price" which is the norme in Germany.  

I create the quotation, add a line item with a product from the price list with a cost of 9500, set the tax column to VAT DE, Odoo calculates a base amount of 7983.19 and tax of 1516.81.  It should be 7695 and 1805.  Did I set something wrong or is this a bug? 

Discard
Best Answer

I don't know in which number system you are calculating. Mine is the same as Odoo's and Odoo's calculation is correct. if your price included 19% of VAT is 9500 gross, then your net price is 9500/1.19 which results in 7983.19.

You might remember that VAT rates are applied to net prices and not to gross prices, anything else does not make any sense.

Discard
Author Best Answer

Thanks for confirming the calculation is right and providing the logic behind.  I'm more used to tax being added after the price so I had the calculation going the wrong way.  Thanks!!

Discard

You can't apply VAT to a price which already includes VAT :-)