Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

VAT: How to apply tax on (Sales Price - Purchasing Price) for particular tax-exempt suppliers (i.e. artisans)

By
Eva de Aurora
on 2/14/16, 2:31 PM 457 views

I am new to Odoo and we have a special arts and crafts tax regulatrion. I need the VAT I pay to be charged only in benefits not in the total selling price and I don't know how can I create in suppliers. Thank you. Eva  

What do you exactly mean by "benefits"? Can you make an example?

Ermin Trevisan
on 2/15/16, 2:18 AM

Thank you.

Means I buy a product at 10€ (no VAT on it)  and sell the product at 25€ (VAT included). The VAT I have to pay to public state is 21% but of the difference 25-10= 15, so 15*21% is the amount I have to pay, as artisans do not pay VAT and I can't deduct VAT from the suppliers. 

I have other suppliers that are normal standard as well.

Thak you so much.

Eva de Aurora
on 2/15/16, 5:28 AM

Ermin Trevisan

--Ermin Trevisan--
| 6 3 7
Walchwil, Switzerland
--Ermin Trevisan--

Ermin Trevisan
On 2/16/16, 4:07 AM

Well, that is not that easy. Just a rough idea:

I assume you have 3 accounts concerning VAT administration, 1 for the VAT owed (sales), 1 for the VAT to receive (purchases), 1 for VAT settlement.

Create 2 additional tax codes, 1 for VAT artisans purchasing (tax excluded from price), 1 for VAT artisans sales with the regular tax rates and accounts.

Create an additional purchasing tax code VAT artisan write-off with a tax rate of 100% (or maybe 0%??) and a corresponding income account.

Create a write-off journal for this income account.

Now post a artisan purchasing invoice the regular way. For the reconciliation do a write-off in the same amount as the tax calculated using the corresponding write-off journal.

For filing the VAT return you calculate the corresponding tax base like (VAT artisan sales net amount - VAT artisan purchasing net amount) and the corresponding tax amount like (VAT artisan sales tax - VAT artisan purchasing tax).

However, ask a professional accountant how this is usually done using accounting software with tax codes.

Ermin Trevisan
on 2/16/16, 4:11 AM

...and check if there are already provisions for this use case in your Odoo localization.

Ermin Trevisan
on 2/16/16, 4:13 AM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 2/14/16, 2:31 PM
Seen: 457 times
Last updated: 2/16/16, 4:27 AM