Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Variables in BOM

By
Sytse
on 10/26/14, 6:48 AM 495 views

Hello Everybody,

At the moment I am investigating the possibility of implementing OpenERP into our current business. But I got a question, hopefully any of you can help me out.

The Case:

We are selling ropes with different 'Colors' and different 'Breaking strengths'. Customers order these ropes in variable 'lengths'. The raw material is stocked in bulk boxes.

Example

CustomerA orders 10pcs of 1,2mtr rope with a breaking strength of 10kg in the color red.  

A sales order is created, the selected product could be "rope 10kg" extra properties of this product are "length = 1,2mtr", "color = red" 

Question

Is there a possibility to have a BOM created that works with multiple variables and contains 10x 1,2 mtr "red, 10kg" rope. Without having all products generated on forehand. 

Thanks in advance,

Short answer is yes, and that would relate to sale properties and or attributes... There isn't an easy solution yet, so u might have to get dirty in code or get help.

Vee
on 10/26/14, 8:02 AM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

2 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 10/26/14, 6:48 AM
Seen: 495 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM