This question has been flagged
3 Replies

I'm using OpenERP 7 trunk at the most recent version. Up till March 5, customer payments worked correctly. After pressing "Validate", the payment result looked like so with an entry crediting Account Receivable and an entry Debiting my bank account:

www.thinkwelldesigns.com/OpenERP/Payment_Correct.png

The payment properly show in the "Payment List View" also:

www.thinkwelldesigns.com/OpenERP/PaymentList.png

However, since March 5, that is no longer the case. Now, a Validated customer payment looks like so:

www.thinkwelldesigns.com/OpenERP/Payment_Incorrect.png

Now, there are two Credit entries for Account Receivable and my bank account, and the entry is balanced by Debit entry of twice the payment amount to Account Payable!

Also, the entry does not appear in the Customer Payments list. I have to go to Journal Entries / Journal Entries to see the record.

What has happened here? Am I making a mistake by getting periodic updates from Trunk? I would very much like to get this resolved.

Discard
Best Answer

Please check the 'Debit' and 'Credit' accounts configured in Journal.

Discard
Author

Thanks for your reply, Arif. But I'm not quite sure what you mean. Could you elaborate a bit? When I go to Accounting / Configuration / Journals / Journal, there are no Debit / Credit fields for the Journals there.

Default debit and default credit account is there.

Author Best Answer

Well, I was able to go back through my backups and found a 1-month-old that worked properly and the very next one that didn't. I don't know what changed; I wish I did, but I'll assume it was human error. I basically went back to the good backup and re-entered transactions from there.

Hope that doesn't need to happen again...

Discard
Best Answer

It seems you are selecting wrong debits entries on Customer payment form.

Need to check the complete payment information tab so that we can judge the problem.

Regards, Mustufa Rangwala

Discard