Odoo Help

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Validate button pays invoice

Fongoh Tayong
on 2/8/16, 4:40 PM 381 views

Trying to manage users. 

My adminstrator can do all things(that works well). 

But when i create a new user and give him the right as employee and accountant and try logging in with the user, 

I can create customer invoice with that user(works well)

ISSUE: when i click on validate, it moves directly to the paid state without going to open as i normally expect it to. 

i want to create user to be able to create and validate invoice but not receive payment(different user will be inchange of only receiveing payment). 

I don't really know what is going on wrong. Please, someone help me. 

I tried locating the button "Register Payment" and noticed it had this groups="base.group_account_invoice". I tried tracing it and noticed it is billing group so added the user to that group but situation still remains the same.

Fongoh Tayong
on 2/8/16, 4:41 PM

sorry, i meant groups="account.group_account_invoice" Am i reading this code wrongly by tracing it to the billing role? Please need help.

Fongoh Tayong
on 2/8/16, 4:49 PM
On 2/12/16, 1:27 AM

Hi Fongoh Tayong,

W.r.t your query, I have gone through it and tried to replicate it. But to utmost despair the scenario is not getting replicated. This is because in Odoo, by default while validating any invoice it always goes to State “OPEN”.

My recommendation after observing your issue is that, I would be in a better position to solve your issue if you can give an Instance of your issue. This is because I have strong feeling that might be there is some configuration issue or Code lines error due to which this issue has been occurring as this is not an ususal issue.

Hope it helps

Thanks Nilim for your response. You are correct, it was a config problem, It seems i had mistakingly changed a setting that caused that error.

Fongoh Tayong
on 2/12/16, 5:46 AM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Asked: 2/8/16, 4:40 PM
Seen: 381 times
Last updated: 2/12/16, 1:27 AM