Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

[V9] - Website / Backend Menus stop working

By
Alan Byrne
on 10/27/15, 1:25 PM 1,267 views

When logged into the backend in debug mode the menu items work as soon as i am out of debug mode i get reference errors and menus either do not show or do not load or are not clickable.

When not in debug mode in the front end web this also does the same thing on the website view, when logged out the menus work perfect but when logged in the menus stop working and get odoo not defined and jquery errors showing in the web tools console of chrome and firefox browsers.

Front End website view errors: 

ReferenceError: odoo is not defined web_editor.summernote.js:3:26

ReferenceError: jQuery is not defined web_editor.editor.js:11:1

ReferenceError: odoo is not defined website.assets_frontend.js:3:1

ReferenceError: odoo is not defined website.assets_editor.js:3:1

ReferenceError: odoo is not defined dpwsmedia.com:52:17

Backend web side

ReferenceError: odoo is not defined web:15:25

unreachable code after return statement web.assets_backend.js:6696:266

ReferenceError: jQuery is not defined web.assets_backend.js:3:96

ReferenceError: $ is not defined web:27:25

I have the same problem. It's really frustrating! I use Odoo V9 (via Docker on Fedora 22) in production.

Manu Miu
on 11/13/15, 5:52 AM

I have the same problem. Does not happen all the time, now and then, but still really frustrating when this happens.

Roy Nurmi
on 1/22/16, 3:35 AM

And what did you all do ??? Reinstall ... #same #problem #opensource?

Higor Vaz
on 2/18/16, 3:13 PM

odoo frustrating product!

Zahin
on 8/31/16, 6:07 AM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

2 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 10/27/15, 1:25 PM
Seen: 1267 times
Last updated: 8/31/16, 6:06 AM