Odoo Help

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

[V9] Readonly, invisible, required in fields (py or xml) based in groups or group security

Jose Vasquez
on 5/5/16, 3:34 PM 228 views

Hi comunity

A question maybe easy, but sought to restrict the fields (in xml or py) with security permissions. Someone who can help or give guidance?? Thanks.

Prakash Sharma

--Prakash Sharma--
| 2 1 4
Delhi, India
--Prakash Sharma--

I like to surround myself with brave, creative people.

My motivation for learning different technologies and algos drive me. I love challenges of a steep learning curve which I believe makes me a better learner. I have a strong desire to learn different technologies, which would enable me to become a full stack developer.

Prakash Sharma
On 5/6/16, 1:38 AM

you can use groups keywords/attribute in python as well as in xml.

some thing Like in xml [/account/account_invoice_view.xml]:

<field domain="[('company_id', '=', company_id), ('type', '=', 'payable')]"
name="account_id" groups="account.group_account_user"/>

some thing Like in .py [/addons/account/partner.py]:

'total_invoiced': fields.function(_invoice_total, string="Total Invoiced",

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Asked: 5/5/16, 3:34 PM
Seen: 228 times
Last updated: 5/6/16, 1:38 AM