This question has been flagged
1 Reply
Best Answer

Factor is a multiplier that tells Odoo how to translate one Unit of Measure to another.

For each Unit of Measure Category, you have a default unit of measure against which all other units in that category are based (using the Factor).

Only Units of Measure with Type = Bigger than the Reference Unit of Measure or Type = Smaller than the Reference Unit of Measure need a Factor.

Example for the Category Units:

The Default Unit of Measure is Unit(s)

An additional Unit of Measure is Dozen(s)

Units(s) - Type = Reference Unit of Measure for this Category (No Factor)

Dozen(s) - Type = Bigger than the Reference Unit of Measure (Factor = 12)

The Factor tells Odoo that a Dozen is 12 times larger than a Unit.

So the Factor is needed when you add a Unit of Measure that is not of Type "Reference Unit of Measure for this Category" and is used to tell Odoo how much larger or smaller that Unit is compared to the Reference Unit.

Discard
Author

In your exemple, the unit Dozen is invariable the factoc is always 1/12 or 12...............But in my case, this unit depends of product . ..............It's like following the eggs by the dozen could be 13, 125 or 14.5. ................And my base has a big hundred kinds of dozen like that?

Variable units of measure are better supported via Packaging. (Version 9). For each product, you can create an number of packages specific to that product.

Author

In the documentation in the chapiter " How to purchase in different unit of measures than sales?", i find : "For the Square Meter, we will specify that 1 Roll = 10 square meters of curtain. It will thus be necessary to specify that as type, the square meter is bigger than the reference unit. The Bigger Ratio is 10 as one Roll = 10 square meters." But how do when for a second roll we have 12 square meters ? And for another, 17 square meters ?