Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

V8 Report RML or Qweb and when ???

By
Yves MALATESTA
on 10/26/14, 4:16 AM 1,441 views

My question includes several point of a domain. 

In the basic setting configuration / company / report configuration is defined RML configuration for documents produced by the backoffice (well I think). 

It turns out that to produce documents on a V8 Qweb view is used! 

In the case of this validation test is used for both front office (website) in backoffice. 

Finally this is what I see in my installation. 

A rai say I do not understand this architecture if someone could have a clear explanation would be good time for everyone.

Hi to help you out, some more info is always handy... https://www.odoo.com/forum/help-1/question/is-there-any-way-to-preview-webkit-report-layout-while-coding-maybe-wysiwyg-editor-52307#answer-52417 https://www.odoo.com/forum/help-1/question/edit-the-html-reports-templates-52587

Vee
on 10/26/14, 7:19 AM

Bole

--Bole--
| 5 4 6
Zagreb | Karlovac, Croatia
--Bole--

there is only 10 kind of people the ones that understand binary ... and others

Bole
On 10/28/14, 5:53 AM

RML reporting is depreciated in V8...
Still, if you have ported some modules form v7 it will work...
If you have good knowsledge of working with rml reports, and no time for exploring the qweb...
No problem use rml.. otherwise... i suggest qweb.. 
it is much faster and flexible reporting engine... 

Hi thanks for your contribution, i find some tuto for Qweb it is new for me.

CYM - Choose Your Model, Yves MALATESTA
on 10/28/14, 9:42 AM

All idea is welcome....

CYM - Choose Your Model, Yves MALATESTA
on 10/29/14, 5:22 AM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

2 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 10/26/14, 4:16 AM
Seen: 1441 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM